12.5

Photo Credit: WWE.com
rip tom billington 1958-2018






Matt Riddle: comes out to a big pop and bumps fists, as he does
Punishment Martinez: comes out to a good pop in his NXT debut
Full Sailors: dueling chants
Riddle: dodges some strikes and puts on a sleeper
Martinez: falls back to break it up
Riddle: lunges forward to put it back on
Martinez: Uppercut!  Cyclone kick!
Riddle: Kickout!
Full Sailors: BRO!  BRO!  BRO!  BRO!
Martinez: Goozle!
Riddle: Nope!  Open handed chops!  Bro kicks!  Crocop shot!  Hammer elbows!  Bromission!
Referee: Winner!
Riddle: celebrates up the ramp...with his back turned
KO1.0: Hi.  Rolling elbow!
Riddle: bumps off the stage
Full Sailors: BOOOOOOOO!
Ohno: smirks at his handiwork and leaves 

"The Media", "Earlier Today": Ricochet, what's it like to be NXT's Human Highlight Reel?
Ricochet: It's great, but let me say this: I came here to win.  I've done well enough that I've got this (holds up the North American title a little higher on his shoulder), and I haven't been pinned at a Takeover yet.  Next week, I want to put on an open challenge for this belt; I'm on my way to Master Regal's office to get that done.  Thanks, you guys. 

God's Production Team: shows you some Heavy Machinery footage
Heavy Machinery: We've been undefeated the past six months.  We want a shot at the Era.

Master Regal's Twitter Machine: There will be a fatal four way in three weeks to determine a #1 contender for the Women's World Championship.
God's Production Team: shows Bianca BelAir qualifying at a house show by beating Deonna Purrazzo

Raul Mendoza y Humberto Carrillo: try to win the match with lucha libre
Jokers and Threes the Forgotten Sons: Enough of this flippy shit. 
Wesley Blake: catches a Poetry In Motion attempt and powerbombs Raul onto Humberto
the Luchadores: no te gusta
the Sons: Backbreakers!
Humberto: Hot tag!  Missile dropkick!  Rolling standing moonsault!  Cover!
Steve Cutler: Save!
Raul: Save from the save!  Tope suic
Cutler: SPLAT!
Blake: Rope assisted facebuster!  Tag!
the Sons: Flying stomp + reverse DDT combo!
Referee: Winners!
Ryker: stares malevolently at the hard camera as is his wont 

Queen Cathy: starts to ask a question
Velveteen Dream: Stop.  No.   Seriously.   Seriously?  does his pansexual Thanos thing that turns the set purple and makes his theme play Now ask the question.
the Queen: So what's next for you?
the Dream: Good one.  Let's see--after Takeover, what's next--well, the people are still talking.  So is the Internet, and the NXT locker room, and the Dream's even heard people asking Triple H about him.  So the way the Dream sees it, the Dream wins: Dream?  Over.  But to answer your question of what's next?
Cathy: leans in
the Dream: Leaving you.  snaps us back out of the Experience and leaves 

Rod Strong, With His Friends In A New Environment: We're okay here, right?
Some Guy, BAY BAY: The door's locked, it's all good.
Rob Fish: EC3, let me correct you: I'm not just another guy, I'm the guy you've been warned about.  holds up a chair The deep end of this water is infested with sharks.  We've bit you once before, and my friends and I are happy to do it again.
Rod Strong: We injured the Raiders at WarGames; who's left?  The Profits?  the chuckling Mighty?  More like the WEAKY.
Kyle O'Reilly: Maybe those lumberjacks, Heavy Machinery.  Yeah, you've been undefeated for six months, but you've never faced anybody like us.
Adam Cole: All these tag teams can keep trying, but this is our era, and that...is undisputed.

God's Production Team: shows stills from WarGames II and announce Hanson is recovering from broken ribs, a ruptured spleen, and torn ligaments

Dakota Kai: comes out to a big pop
Shayna Baszler: not that
Full Sailors: Team Kick whoop whoop Team Kick whoop whoop
Dakota: I am no longer afraid!  Kick and kick and double stomp and
Shayna: catches one and throws her into the post Joint manipulation.  Have any flashbacks, Kiwi?
Dakota: Dodge!
Shayna: Have it your way.  Arm snap!  This is easy.  mocking kicks  See?  Any idiot can do it.
Dakota: No, see, you want to kick somebody, you do it like this!  flurry of kicks Basement facewash!  Around the Horn!  Once more!
Shayna: Forget that, corner high knee!  Upkick!
Dakota: Kickout! Pump kick!  Flying double stomp!
Shayna: Kickout!  Gutwrench multiplex!
Dakota: No!  fights back with headbutts
Shayna: I SAID GUTWRENCH MULTIPLEX
Both: are splayed out
Shayna: goes for the arm
Dakota: lands some short range kicks
Shayna: Logroll!  Kurifuda Clutch!  You go tap now!
Dakota: NOOO!  reaches for the ropes -- and again -- and then zzzzzz
Referee: Winner!
Shayna: Obviously.
the Horsewomen: pile on after the bell
Io Shirai: shows up and throws hands
Shayna: yeahno
Io: yeahyupSHOTEI!
Dakota: goes for the Around the Horn
the Underlings: save their queen; all retreat up the ramp 

PA: NO ONE WILL SURVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! ♫ 
#14: comes out tightly clutching Goldie, per usual
Full Sailors: YOU SUCK!  YOU SUCK!  YOU SUCK!
#14: Another Takeover is in the books, and once again Tomasso Ciampa is NXT's MVP.  Time & time again I've proved to be a man of my word: I ended the fairy tale, exposed the mystique, and turned the Dream into a nightmare.  Still -- still -- you people refuse to accept me as champion, still refuse to believe in me.  starts pointing at people in the front row Not you, not you, not even the voice of NXT, but MAMMA MIA, here I stand!
God's Production Team: cuts to a silently glaring and slightly afraid Mauro
#14: When it's all said and done, this will be the single greatest title reign in NXT history; children will grow up and study it.  Because I'm not the flavor of the week, not the flavor of the month, I'm THE CHAMP.  2018's Sports Entertainer of the Year, and damn it, I will be 2019's--
PA: plays the opening chord to a theme that's developmental's version of oh lawd he comin
Full Sailors: Aleister!  Aleister!  Aleister!
#14: holds up Goldie, who probably looks super familiar to Mr. Black
Aleister: At Takeover I stood toe to toe with Johnny Gargano and absolved him of his sins...sins you created, puppet master.
#14: shrugs, smiles a little
Aleister: And now look at the champion...but you're not really a champion, are you?  What I see is original sin, sin I will absolve, because I want my rematch.
Full Sailors: RUAHH~!
Aleister: Come Phoenix --
Johnny Gargano's Music: plays out
Johnny Gargano: You're getting ahead of yourself there, because we aren't finished.
#14: finds a convenient spot on the apron
Johnny: Thanks for the absolution, but this is over when I say it's over.  gets in Black's face
#14: I gotta say, I love it when you leave Johnny Wrestling in the back and come out as Johnny Badass.
Full Sailors: Johnny Badass!  clap clap clapclapclap Johnny Badass!  clap clap clapclapclap 
#14: (talking from the apron while Aleister and Johnny glare at each other) See...see, the people know, and I know that when Johnny Boy gets fixated on something, he refuses to let it go--and now he's fixated on you, Aleister.  The Champ saw you fight at Takeover and damn near tore each other's heads off.  In the Champ's humble opinion, it should've been you two in the steel structure.  There's clearly unfinished business here, and if it was me I would want to finish this the right way -- once and for all -- inside a steel cage!
Full Sailors, Despite the Fact This Breathing Landfill Is the One Talking: RUAHH~!
A Dog & A Cat: put aside their differences and start living together
Bill Murray: smdh
#14: I can tell Aleister likes how that sounds, and I know John-John well enough to know how that sounds, and I bet--I bet THE NXT UNIVERSE wants to see you two fight inside of a steel cage.
Full Sailors: do the Old Daniel Bryan chant
Mark Henry: Y'ALL A BUNCH OF PUPPETS
Johnny: Is that what you guys want?
Full Sailors: FUCK YEAH IT IS
Johnny: Is that what you guys want!?
Full Sailors: ...how much clearer can we make it than FUCK YEAH IT IS?  FUCK YEAH, IT IS!
Johnny: Then I'm in!  I'm Johnny Freaking Wrestling
Aleister: JOHNNY WRESTLING IS DEAD!  REMEMBER, REMEMBER I SHOWED YOU MERCY; NOW?  THAT IS DONE.  I WILL FIGHT YOU ANYWHERE, I WILL FIGHT YOU IN THAT PARKING LOT
Johnny: Parking lot?  How did that work out for you last time, huh?
Full Sailors: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
#14: (stops chortling for a hot couple of seconds) ...oh, dang.
Johnny: You were on the shelf for three months, three months; I did that!  Imagine...just imagine what I will do to you inside of a steel cage.
Black: MASS
Johnny: bails before it can hit, then does the Scott Hall finger wave as he backs up the ramp
Black: stares at Gargano, then Black Masses the smile off #14's face
Full Sailors: RUFUCKINGAHH~!~!
Black: does the Are You Not Entertained?, points at Ciampa then back at Johnny who clearly just had a flashback, if he remembers it
Announce: almost fist fights each other to note that Johnny doesn't have the option of backpedaling inside a cage 



Comments